Thursday, October 14, 2004

VJs Tip Of The Day - October 14th 2004

Custom Collection Properties

We see many properties in .Net controls which have collection of items... Example can be items collection for drop down list which contains selected as boolean; Name as string and value as string...

If you need collection properties for your class or custom control... This is what you do...
First make a class whose collection you require... Say for example you need collection of Names, and each name is a class having three other properties like FirstName, LastName and MiddleName... So you first will have to make your class "Name" and then the next class "NameCollection"... The name collection will inherit from CollectionBase... Then you override the required functions to achieve your functionality...

Below link will help you learn more... Click Here

PS: I am undergoing a skin treatment with liquid nitrogen now...There was this small little tiny invisible kind of wart like thing on my toe which had never bothered me till I had one regular visit to my dermatologist... While waiting for the doc, I saw some flyers on the neary by table, unfortunately i picked them up and read all of them, discovering the various possible deadly diseases skin can develop, I thought I should show this thing too, may be it is starting of Squamous cell or might be even Malenoma... So I showed my toe to him... He concluded that it was nothing serious but we should still treat it for my own good... Ofcourse I had to agree to anything that was for my own good and moreover I did not want to die a ignorant death coz of late discovery by a unaware fool like myself... So there I was, a healthy running fella getting liquid nitrogen sprays on my feet...I bet if 00.08% of 78.08% of nitrogen in atmosphere becomes liquid we all would die, believe me thats how liquid nitrogen is... Earlier I was running now for some days it is difficult to walk... That whatever thing on the toe is has remained as it always was and will need 2 more weeks of treatment... Folks, I have decided one thing, which I want you too to consider - Even if life gets boring at times do not, DO NOT try to research various possibilities of various unheard illness attacking you... Well!! I was kidding... liquid nitrogen is fun... all of you check your skin and find where you can have them... :-)

No comments: